the next economy
the disruptive technological trends shaping the 21st century
Technology, which used to be thought of as a function to be outsourced, or a sector on its own, is now a strategic layer across all aspects of the economy.
Global connectivity, digitisation, blockchain, artificial intelligence, intuitive computing, robotics, renewable energy, 3D printing and biotechnology. Together, they're like a roaring tornado creating once in a hundred year revolutions in every industry at once.
Understanding what's over the horizon is essential for any organisation wishing to harness the opportunities of a rapidly changing global economy in the 21st century.
Audiences will come away from this talk with the ability to think clearly and critically about the way technological disruption is changing the economy, a skill that's particularly relevant for leaders who wish to maintain a strategic advantage — and protect their organisations against competitors looking to do the same.
- Have a sound understanding of concepts central to the process of technological innovation.
- Receive the most up to date information on the current state of technological change in multiple industries.
- Tools to harness 21st century working practices for innovation, change management and disruption.
the world is better than you think
the scientific breakthroughs, technologies and social changes creating a better future for the human race
New stories can help us imagine many futures, and direct our imaginations towards the futures we want. This story is about people who are making the world a better place. It's about opportunities and solutions, rather than problems and threats. It's a story that's informed by intelligent, evidence based optimism.
Audiences will walk away from this presentation with insights into the technologies that are creating a new narrative for mankind, and the science behind them. They'll learn how our cognitive biases distort our view of the world, making us feel unnecessarily pessimistic, and preventing us from achieving our true potential.
Participants will gain a renewed sense of hope, purpose, and commitment to problem solving, innovation and organisational change.
- Gain insight into scientific and technological trends shaping the world
- Understand cognitive biases to create a new outlook on the world we live in
- Gain tools to find meaning and activate purpose
- New and unusual insights into innovation and change
the future of work
and how organisations can start adapting right now
Advancements in technology have provided a catalyst to redefine the needs of people in the workplace, and as a result, we see a move towards the gig economy, freelancing, flexibility and a greater desire for meaning and purpose in the next economy.
Traditional nine to five structures are being flipped upside down. While these changes present challenges, they also offer an opportunity for the workforce of the future to find a sense of renewed freedom.
Audiences will walk away from this presentation with a better understanding of how to start building a workplace that is prepared for automation, disruption and changing work patterns. Essential insights for any organisation searching for innovative thinking to effectively manage people.
- Gain insights into key trends creating the future of work and understand how to navigate these changes
- Tools to adapt, innovate and build businesses of tomorrow
- Develop the tools to harness creativity, shift perception and create optimism in an organisational structure